Friday, June 1, 2007

Welcome to Inside Sharepoint!

Finally...

I can not express how many times I have tried to get my blog up and running. But I am sure you can agree, sometimes there just are not enough minutes in a day.

So here it is, my blog for sharing my SharePoint 2007 Portal and WSS experiences, delights and frustrations.

In the SharePoint world, I like to touch everything... front end, back end, css, javascript, controls, assemblies, services, bdc, infopath, profiles, enterprise search, templates...

I must admit though I enjoy getting dirty and cracking into the SDK whenever I get a chance. I enjoy building webparts, solutions and applications, and while MOSS comes with a tremendous amount of built in functionality, users always seem to want more.

The number one frustration vented to me is "Well SharePoint gives us 75% of what we need, but we REALLY need the other 25%". Sometimes a simple compromise can be met, other times a small extension or customization can accomplish the other 25%. And then there are times when architecting a custom solution is the only way to fix the situation.

I gotta admit these are the situations I enjoy the most. :)

No comments: